Effective date: March 31, 2020
Marukan Vinegar (U.S.A) Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.marukan-usa.com/ website (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Website and the choices you have associated with that data.
Website is the https://www.marukan-usa.com/ website operated by Marukan Vinegar (U.S.A) Inc.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself.
Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Website for you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us. (link to contact us page)
We may also collect information on how the Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Website.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Marukan Vinegar (U.S.A) Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website
- To notify you about changes to our Website
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website
- To monitor the usage of our Website
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about our products, Websites and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Disclosure of Data
Marukan Vinegar (U.S.A) Inc. may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Marukan Vinegar (U.S.A) Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Our Website does not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Rights to Your Information
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) you have specific rights regarding your Personal Information. This section describes the rights that you have under CCPA and explains how to exercise those rights.
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected and Disclosed. You have the right to request that Marukan disclose certain information to you about our collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Access, and Deletion Rights”), and subject to certain limitations that we describe below, we will disclose such information to you. You have the right to request any or all of the following:
- The Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you
- Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request that Marukan delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see “Exercising Access, and Deletion Rights”), we will delete (and direct our Website providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records. However, we may retain Personal Information that has been de-identified or aggregated. Furthermore, we may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our Website provider(s) in order to perform certain actions set forth under CCPA, such as detecting security incidents and protecting against illegal activity.
- Exercising Access and Deletion Rights. To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a request to us by:
Only you, or a person or business entity registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf (an “authorized agent”), may make the requests set forth above. If you use an authorized agent to make a request, you must provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and we may require that you verify your identity directly with us.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page:
You may change your mind and opt back in to providing your personal information at any time by contacting us at the link below:
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), provide the service on our behalf, perform Website-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Website is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Website Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Website.
Google Analytics is a web analytics Website offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Website. This data is shared with other Google Websites. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or Websites.
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Visiting our contact form.